Sunday, November 21, 2010

Well in Wellington

Things are still going well in Wellington, I finished my second week at my job at Public and am still loving it. Its very different from what Im used to, even waitressing in Australia. Everyone is so, so much more laid back about every aspect of the hospitality business. It could be partially due to the low rate of pay for hospitality workers in NZ (compared to Australia) so its taken less seriously. Im sure much of it is also due to the generally relaxed attitude that Kiwis have. But it is a nice change of place to work in a restaurant where the head chef doesnt yell, throw things, or call himself an "art-eest" and the management doesnt micromanage - theyre happy if the customers are happy.

I am starting a swing dance class tonight (Monday and Tuesday are my days off) so am excited to dust off my swing shoes and get twirling! It should be a fun new challenge to try Lindy Hop - the swing "standard" here in NZ (as opposed to the East Coast I'm used to in the States) as its always confused me since they can go from a 6 count step to an 8 step count at whim. Crazy Kiwis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment