Wednesday, September 30, 2009

first day of work

had a wonderful first day of work yesterday! just went in for a 2 hour training session and met a lot of the people (really nice!) and learned how to use the palm pilots they place orders with (GENIUS system).

checked into a new hostel today right near work and am now exploring the new area (prahan/windsor/chapel street district) and will go into the CBD (central business district) to go to the farmers market for some fresh produce a little later!

aussie words of the day
capsicum: red peppers
rocket: arugula

4 comments:

  1. capsicum? rocket? hmmmm. I like the palm pilot ordering system - that's awesome. Is that everywhere, or just that particular restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea! I havent been eating out really (backpackers budget) but I def dont think its everywhere! First fullll shift at work today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Hope it goes/went well! Just said a quick prayer for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!! I remember back with my Aussie roommate Clair when I had NO IDEA what rocket was! Hahahaha now it all becomes clear! :)~

    ReplyDelete