Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sydney: Days 3 & 4

Sydney day 3 was my beach day! i started off with my first venture on the sydney public transportation system - one short bus ride later i was at coogee beach! coogee was really beatiful and in my exploring i saw a posting for an ammmmazing sounding place right near the water - fully furnished 2 bedroom well within my budget! i am going to go check the place out with a prospective flatmate (also here for a year on work & holiday visa from the states) on tuesday - will update then
from coogee i did the coast walk on to bronte, then tamarama, then finally bondi! it was an absolutely beautiful walk (though took a few hours!) and highly recommend doing it
in the evening, I attended my first Aussie barbie and met some new friends - everyone is so friendly here!

Sydney day 4: first checked out the Paddy's fruit and vegetable market right near me, then walked through chinatown on my way to the Darling Harbour fesitval Brazil. from there i crossed hyde park to get to the Sydney central library where i got my library card (no better way to feel like a local!), followed by a picnic in the royal botanical gardens, getting info on upcoming shows (and cheap seats) at the opera house, then exploring the market at the rocks (old historic district of sydney).

tomorrow i look into AU domestic travel and taking the RSA course so i can start applying for jobs!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of how well you are doing! You are accomplishing so much and also getting to know your new city and make new friends--kudos! and hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, PS, I love the frequent updates. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle! It sounds like you are having a fabulous time already. Keep the updates coming. I loved the walk from Coogee to Bondi!

    ReplyDelete