Wednesday, February 24, 2010

happy birthday to me

feb 23rd, 1985
little michelle stansbury is born

feb 23rd, 2010
wake up, bright and early, excited for the day
head off to brekkie with sarah and get a birthday phone call from my wonderful mom
come back to my flat and get birthday flowers delivered to me from same wonderful mom!
off to get a massage (my fav) before lunch and shopping with my friend Sal
quick change back at the flat before meeting up at music cafe for a bit of dinner and live music
truck on down to greystones where i believe there to be a free comedy show
greystones turns out to not be having a comedy show, but hosting the owner of 'the comedy club' to give a speak
ironically, not at all funny, so swing by the point (work) to say hi to my friends having to work the night
end the night sitting on the pier on the brisbane river, watching the city sleep

feb 24th, 2010
(still officially my birthday in the states)
gchat date with pooja and britt, my besties in columbus
warmed my heart to know that even after 6 months apart, on opposite sides of the world, there is no change between us. comforting knowing we can pick right up where we left off, just as it should be with family and true friends.
menu tasting at work for the new menu... how often do you get every delish dish on a menu laid out in front of you, course by course? best job perk ever

i miss my friends and family back in the states so much, but am learning that there is no real distance between us. what a great birthday lesson!

1 comment: