Tuesday, February 9, 2010

exciting news

two items of exciting news for today (and quickly, as i only have 7 minutes left on the library computer)

1. i have begun planning my trip to new zealand! plans so far are that i will spend 4 weeks there, take a bus company called Stray to get around (its half like the greyhound and half like a tour - a 'hop on, hop off' bus). Plane tickets are researched (i will fly into Auckland and out of Christchurch) and all is left is to press 'go'!

2. i am trying my hand at starting my own business! as you might know from a prior post, i am interested in being an entrepreneur in the future, so figured what better time to try my hand than the present! it was much easier than i imagined - one email address, one website (still 'under construction'), some free business cards and a couple of applications to local 'lifestyle' markets later, Rags to Riches vintage apparel company is officially a start-up! I hit my first bump when my application was rejected from my first choice 'lifestyle market' but it may be a blessing in disguise since I found another market that may be just as good with fees that are half the price. They have already emailed me asking for more information so I think (fingers crossed!) that it might work out! This would just be a trial business, only be up and running for a couple weeks and not expected to make a profit (it would be an investment in the experience) though if it runs better than expected, it could. im so excited!

20 seconds til i get kicked off so hope my spelling is correct :)

1 comment: